Monday, January 11, 2010

Just call me Annie Oakley.


Yep, I must say, I enjoyed the firing range. I didn't do so bad, but of course, Mike was WAY better. Good thing I know how to shoot a handgun...for when I make time to apply for the police academy. Yeah, just kidding...it's not in my life plan, but who knows, things change! And evidence to that is my new job. I am officially a Starbucks employee...ahem, "partner"...and I'm loving it. Change is good sometimes.

As far as the running goes, my total mileage is at 96 miles. Yesterday I ran 13 miles and felt pretty good. My foot is no longer a problem, thanks to my sister's friend CK, who gave me sage advice! I'm looking forward to attempting my first marathon on March 21 in LA and if all goes well, I'd like to try another one in October. A few recent things I have learned during my training:

1. Gel shots are AMAZING and seriously give me the boost I need to run the many miles. So far I really like the strawberry and orange flavored caffeine packed shots.

2. Don't clip my ipod shuffle to the waist of my pants unless there is another layer underneath. When I got done with the 13 miles I realized I had a nice raw gash on my stomach from my shuffle rubbing against me for over 2 hours. Need a new spot for the shuffle.

Today I spontaneously decided to use my free Blockbuster movie rental to rent the first season of 30 Rock. And now that I am 4 episodes deep, I realize I have been missing out. This show is great! I love Tina Fey. And Kenneth is my favorite. And now I understand why Steph had this phrase on her facebook page: Live every week like it's Shark Week.

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.





4 comments:

Anna D. said...

Tracy Morgan makes me laugh out loud at least once every episode. SO GOOD. Alec Baldwin is Bry's favorite, of course... but I love Tina, too- is she brilliant or what?? Hey, you need one of those arm band thingies for your ipod- that's my vote!

Manda said...

So glad you found 30 Rock. It is awesome and I WANT TO GO TO THERE and WHAT THE WHAAAAT?!?! Ha ha.

Stephanie White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie White said...

Ha! We're re-watching Season One right now. Just JUST watched the Source Awards one, which made me ridiculously happy. Homunculus.