Monday, December 14, 2009

Run to the Roost!

So with my recent foot trouble, specifically pain in the arch of my right foot, (after just beginning my marathon training) I decided to seek out a new and improved pair of running shoes.

I headed to Runners Roost because I had heard they help you make very informed decisions about what shoes to buy. Right away I received great help! Kelsey, the person helping me, had me walk so she could see what my feet looked like when I walked. She recommended a certain type of shoe because I put more weight on the outside of my feet when I walk (pronate?). She gave a solid reason for each shoe she chose for me to try on and was able to answer all of my questions. I talked with her about my foot pain and she suggested that it might be plantar fasciitis. Given her description of symptoms I think she is right on...so at least I have a label for my pain. Hopefully the new running shoes I bought will help the pain so I can progressively add miles to the new kicks!

The link to my new go-to-place for running gear and advice:
http://runnersroost.com

1 comment:

Manda said...

Yay fun! Can't wait to see your new shoes. I'm glad someone could help you with your foot. I'll ask Ms. Atkins how to treat plantar fascitis ... she's a certified athletic trainer. I'm sure the shoes will help, though!