Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas in L.A.

Ahhh...I'm finally here in Cali getting kisses from my niece and having sister time. One of the things we always do when I visit is run errands. One, because it's necessary in order to have all of the proper ingredients for things like peanut butter blossom cookies (peanut butter cookie with hershey kiss in the middle)!! As Sydney would say, "YUM!" And two, because it's a good way to get out of the house for an adventure!

Among the exciting moments at Target and Costco...one moment in the top three is SPOTTING A CELEBRITY! And, let me just say, John (my brother-in-law) MOCKED me when I told him I saw an actor working at Costco. He was all like, "Psshhhh...ha ha ha...you just want to see a famous person so bad that you created one in your mind and convinced yourself it was true." Anyway, I knew it was true from the bottom of my soul, so I pressed on. I went to my sister and was like, "Look, it's that one guy!" And she was all like, "Whoa, it totally is. I believe you!"

As soon as we got back to the house we googled the movie, The People Under the Stairs, because my sister was confident the he was in that movie and because we could not remember his name or any other movies he has been in for the life of us! Well, lo and behold, there he was. No doubt that he was in The People Under the Stairs and like a million other movies. I knew I was right! His name is Sean M. Whalen and he is currently demonstrating a fancy new blender at Costco.

Here he is:

So, moral of the story, I'm not crazy. Sean Whalen demonstrates blenders at Costco. And I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all because he is probably working there inbetween acting jobs to keep the bills paid and his kids fed. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe he will get another gig appearing on LOST!!

4 comments:

LarMar said...

haha. you win. all i did at costco this week was get run over by elderly people with oversized carts.

Morgan S. said...

Ohh, he was in That Thing You Do with Tom Hanks and Liv Tyler, too. I actually really like him! He is probably very good at selling blenders....

Morgan S. said...

Also, Syd hugging the Target ball is too cute.

P. Creeden said...

Soo... it’s 2019 and I was talking to someone about having ever spotted a celebrity. And I said - well there was this one time about ten years ago when I saw this guy selling blenders at Costco (In Virginia) and I swore it was the guy who was in Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore and a bunch of other movies I couldn’t think of. So I just now looked it up and found out his name was Sean Whalen, then googled his name with blenders and Costco and just stumbled on your blog - see! I knew I wasn’t crazy. :)